In line with the Government’s announcement yesterday, we are delighted to confirm that we have reopened on Monday 12 April 2021.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you back, but there will have been changes since your last visit, so please read our site rules and FAQs when planning your visit.
- Please book your tickets on our website, in advance of your visit. A strictly limited number of tickets are available each day to ensure that everyone has the space to enjoy Bristol Zoo Gardens safely. Bring your booking confirmation number and show this to the team at admissions.
- Please make sure you are following up-to-date Government guidance on meeting up with friends and family, including the ‘Rule of 6’ and any relevant travel restrictions. Please refer to the Government guidance for more information and any exemptions.
- A one-way system is in place to aid social distancing so please check our map for more information.
- As part of the Government Test and Trace initiative, every visitor over the age of 16 will be asked to provide their individual contact details. Visitors can either scan the official NHS QR code on arrival or complete a form. We advise where possible completing the form ahead of your visit.
- In line with Government guidance, you MUST wear a face covering in all enclosed spaces (unless exempt by law). This includes through-ways and toilets as well as our admissions and retail buildings. Please remember to bring your face covering with you as there are places along the one-way route that are enclosed, where there is no alternative route available.
- Some areas, including some play equipment and our indoor animal houses remain closed. These closures are in place due to Government restrictions or because social distancing is not currently possible. Please see our updates page for more information.
- In response to Government guidelines related to Avian Influenza, you will notice that there are additional biosecurity measures in place when you visit. All visitors must walk across biosecurity matting on arrival/exit, and before entering/exiting both Seal & Penguin Coast and the Flamingo Walkthrough.
- In line with Government guidelines, we will only be offering takeaway food at this time and please be aware that undercover seating is very limited.
Thank you again for your understanding and patience at this time.
Please do not visit if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or are self-isolating.
Complimentary ticket and voucher holders need to pre-book by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you purchased a ticket which you have not been able to redeem due to lockdown you will have received an email from us separately with information about how you can book a ticket. If you have not received an email, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
If you are an Annual Pass Holder, Dual Member or Corporate Member, you will have received a separate email with instructions on how to book your timed ticket.
More information is available in our Reopening FAQs.
Safeguarding our Future
Following our announcement in late 2020, Bristol Zoo Gardens will continue to welcome visitors into 2022, and Wild Place Project will remain open throughout the development phase until it becomes the new Bristol Zoo in 2024.
More information about the plans to sell the Bristol Zoo Gardens site is available here.