Our Engagement Volunteers are incredibly important in helping us achieve our mission of ‘Saving Wildlife Together’. Spending time in a variety of locations around the Zoo, Engagement Volunteers take pride in having conversations with visitors, sharing fun facts and ideas to make a good day great. Most importantly they help us spread the work about the work we’re doing as a conservation charity, and how our visitors can help.
We’re currently looking for seasonal volunteers to join our Wednesday morning, Friday afternoon, and weekend teams. This volunteer opportunity will last until early September 2022.
- Learning about the amazing animals at Bristol Zoo Gardens and our conservation work both in the UK and around the world.
- Sharing your enthusiasm for conservation, wildlife and nature with visitors and finding the best ways to engage different audiences.
- Helping visitors get the best from their day and answering their questions – everything from “where can I get a cup of coffee?” to “what do gorillas eat?”
- Supporting our Butterfly Forest walkthrough, where visitors are able to be in the enclosure with some of our animals.
- Attending training and talks to improve your knowledge and awareness.
- Following all relevant policies and health & safety procedures.
There might be some other activities that are of interest to you and with which we could use your help, for example helping to support school holiday activities.
This role will suit you if you are…
- Friendly, confident and at ease talking to people.
- Happy being outdoors – not all the time, but all year round!
- Flexible and keen to learn new things.
Interested in wildlife and conservation, but we don’t ask for experts!
- Able to commit to a regular shift each week
- Over the age of 18
By getting involved, you could…
- Become part of an enthusiastic and varied team, and make new friends
- Expand your knowledge of wildlife and conservation.
- Try something completely different.
- Spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle.
- Gain a valuable insight into and help support our conservation work.
Enhance your communication and customer service skills.
To express your interest in this role click here.