Together we can ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit to Bristol Zoo Gardens.
To ensure the safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers, additional measures will be in place during your visit. It is essential that you read and fully understand the information below.
Ways we are keeping you safe:
- A strictly limited number of tickets are available each day to ensure that everyone has the space to enjoy the Zoo safely.
- Timed tickets have been implemented to create a staggered entry and allow us to carefully manage any potential queues at the entrance.
- A new one-way system is in place to aid with social distancing.
- Volunteer Navigators will be available to help visitors find their way around the site safely.
- We have gone completely cashless. No transactions can take place at admissions. You simply need to show your booking confirmation number on arrival.
- Additional handwashing facilities have been installed throughout the Zoo.
- Onsite cleaners are in place ensuring that the toilets are kept clean. We have enhanced our cleaning regime and cleaning checks.
- There is clear signage on site to remind visitors to abide by social distancing measures.
- Picnic benches have been spaced out across the site.
- Queues will be marked with two-metre measures where possible.
- Some areas, including playgrounds and some of our indoor houses remain closed. These closures are in place where social distancing is not currently possible and to ensure your safety.
- Keeper talks are not taking place at this time to reduce the potential for crowds to gather.
How you can help keep everyone safe:
Please do not visit if you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or are self isolating.
- As of Friday 24 July, you MUST wear a face covering in our admissions and retail building in line with Government guidance, unless you are exempt by law. You are also strongly encouraged to wear a face covering in other enclosed public spaces where social distancing may be difficult and where you come into contact with people you do not normally meet. As a precaution, we suggest you use your face covering in all of our indoor buildings and animal houses.
- You MUST purchase your tickets online in advance from our website.
- Do not arrive without pre-purchasing or pre-booking your tickets. You will be respectfully turned away if you have not purchased or booked tickets online.
- Bring your booking confirmation number and show this to the team at admissions.
- If you are a Member or Dual Member you will now need to book your timed entry slot online and bring your Membership card.
- Arrive at your allotted time slot – you can arrive any time within the slot, but not before or after.
- Always follow the one-way route in place and maintain a two-metre distance from other visitors. Please be respectful of your fellow visitors and our staff and volunteers.
- If there are children in your family group, please ensure that they are supervised throughout your visit to the Zoo.
- Please make sure you are following up-to-date Government guidance on meeting up with friends and family who are not part of your household.
- Wash your hands regularly throughout the day.
- Follow all instructions and signage on site and do not climb on or over any barriers or fences.
Please remember that you have a responsibility for your own safety and wellbeing.
For the safety and wellbeing of everyone, if you fail to observe the site rules during your visit, you will be politely asked to leave.
The responsibility to keep everyone safe, is one everyone shares.
Thank you for your help and understanding.